We are thrilled to announce that applications for the “Made in NY” Women’s Film, TV and Theatre Fund are open! Please help us spread the word by blasting out this exciting news to your network!
This first-of-its-kind fund is designed to encourage and support the creation of film, television, digital content and live theatre content that reflects the voices and perspectives of women or female-identifying individuals. It is an initiative of the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and is administered by the New York Foundation for the Arts. Application and guidelines can be found at nyfa.org/NYCWomensFund. Creators have until October 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. to apply.
Recipients will be selected from the following categories (amounts listed are the maximum potential grant):
- Fiction Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – $50,000
- Fiction Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – $25,000
- Fiction Webisode/Webseries (all forms) – $20,000
- Documentary Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – $50,000
- Documentary Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – $25,000
- Documentary Webisodes/Webseries (all lengths and forms) – $20,000
- Theatre Production – $50,000
The “Made in NY” Women’s Film, TV and Theatre Fund is a centerpiece of a groundbreaking series of initiatives by MOME to address the underrepresentation of women and female-identifying individuals in film, television, and theatre. This is the first round in this multi-year program.
Recipients will be notified in February, 2019. All projects must be completed by March 31, 2020.
Follow along for updates @madeinny on Twitter and Facebook and @madein_ny on Instagram and @nyfacurrent on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Use the hashtag #NYCWomensFund to participate in the conversation.