Consequence of Sound is looking for shooter and editor interns for our video team. You’ll be working alongside CoS staffers to create original, and catchy video content. The videos you work on will be featured on the front page of CoS as well as our social media platforms.
You should be ready to come to the table with original ideas for everything from short videos meant for social media to recurring segments to long form documentary pieces. And once those ideas are fleshed out, you should be ready to have the vision to see your project through from pre-production to having it posted on the website.
- Have a working knowledge of DSLR cameras and have access to them (owning your own equipment is an added bonus).
- Are a self-starter who’s comfortable working in an environment with shifting directives.
- Know social media and how to package a story to travel on the social web.
- Are a pop culture junkie with a love of music, film, TV, and more.
- Have a sense of how visuals and script work together to create a compelling video.
- Are familiar with (or are willing to learn!) Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Are comfortable giving and receiving edits on your work.
- Can speak the same language as producers, editors and a graphics team.
- Come to the table with ideas every morning.
Candidates can send their resumes and reels/portfolios to samijarroush@consequenceofsoun
d.net. This is an unpaid internship.