CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.
Newman’s Own Fellowship in Partnership with CPBN Position Announcement
JOB TITLE: Education Fellow
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
JOB SUMMARY: Creating and teaching interactive media requires curiosity and a willingness to dive into something new and unfamiliar. That is why CPBN is seeking an enterprising Education Fellow to foster intellectual curiosity in the public media landscape. The Education Fellow is responsible for training students, creating inspirational content, further developing our new program for digital education and news literacy and providing support for station media based assignments to engage learners of all ages.
As an Education Fellow, you will have an opportunity to help scale the Thinkalong program and bring the power of public media to schools across the state. It will be your job to develop relationships with teachers and to drive initiatives to inspire young minds to think critically, attain media literacy, and participate in debate.
As an Education Fellow, you will provide technical and editorial support to students in a learning environment. Your role will support the professional development of students, teachers, adult learners and veterans—in digital arts, video production, radio broadcast, media content and design and the art of debate.
The Education Fellow will provide technical and editorial instructional support, develop strong working relationships with students, provide solid leadership, contribute to a positive learning culture, and assist students both in and out of the classroom.
Candidates must be interested in their own professional development and have the ability to communicate effectively with associated administrators, students, family members and staff.
- Coaching and training students in multimedia production with a focus on video production and editing
- Contribute to the development and implementation of multimedia curriculum
- Serve on CPBN production team to participate in various multimedia projects
- Communicate responsibly with students, families, CPBN staff and community partners
- Encourage active and positive learning in a classroom environment
- Instruct students in an ethical and professional manner
- Provide special events coverage to include set design, lighting, audio/video recording and assisting with room setup and breakdown
- Follow equipment maintenance and inspection guidelines
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop marketing messages for the Learning Lab
- Develop original news stories as well as content curation varying audiences
- Assist with the buildout of Thinkalong for middle school students in CT
- Community and educational engagement to promote and market Thinkalong to CT middle schools
- Showcase Learning Lab student work
- Participate in digital content and social media best practices and submissions
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in multimedia, broadcasting, or journalism, with at least two years media creation experience in education, training, broadcasting and/or video production preferred
- Strong operational knowledge of Adobe© Creative Suite a must, Avid Pro Tools, Broadcast Pix and Ross video switchers, PreSonus StudioLive audio boards, Panasonic GH4 cameras, Sony EX-3 cameras, Panasonic HM150 cameras, iMac, MacMini, and MacPro computers highly preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communications abilities, particularly research, editing and presentation skills, in order to present complex ideas clearly
- Self-starter with the willingness to learn is a must
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop and implement innovative curricula
- Understanding of in-studio and on-remote television, radio and web production and distribution preferred
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation for student attendance, academic records and grant reports
- Interest in providing direction, leadership and guidance to students
Send resume and cover letter (including where candidate found out about the position), to Donna Sodipo, Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters must be received by March 31, 2017. No phone calls, please.