My name is Jennifer Wang, and I’m a reporter on the Forbes wealth team, which produces our annual Forbes 400 and World’s Billionaires issues. We’re looking for summer interns, who will help with the reporting required to put together the ranking and the issue. I wanted to reach out and see if you have any students who may be interested in the positions? We’re open to undergrads, grad students, graduating seniors and recent grads. Here’s a description of the opening:
Forbes is looking to hire inquisitive interns/reporters to investigate and cover America’s wealthiest people. That person will be an integral part of the team that produces one of our most popular issues, the Forbes 400, which includes our annual ranking of the top 400 billionaires in the U.S. The internship will begin on June 1st and lasts through the end of September, though dates are flexible. If students are not available in the summer, we’re also hiring for the winter, when we will be working on another signature issue, Forbes World’s Billionaires (the dates will be December/ January to end of March). The job description is very similar for both internships. These are paid positions with opportunities to write for Forbes.com.
– Gather information on billionaires through old-school reporting: digging through SEC documents and annual reports, conducting phone interviews with billionaires themselves and reaching out to third-party sources.
– Write 100-word bios about billionaires you cover.
– Create blogs, web features, and short magazine stories.
– Prior experience in journalism or finance.
– Interest in delving into financial documents.
– Interest in covering successful entrepreneurs and business people.
– Strong analytical and reporting skills.
– Comfort with financial figures and terms.
– Language skills are a plus since we are constantly using international filings to understand the businesses of foreign billionaires.
– Experience or interest covering a specific industry is a plus.
Interested students can email their applications to me at email@example.com. We’re looking for a resume, a cover letter clearly stating why they’re interested and would be a good fit, and three of their best clips.